Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Day Fifty Six

This is an exciting morning! The Story Stars welcomes three new consultants to our team this week...Welcome Dawn, Chris and Cindy!  We are glad you are here with us celebrating with your memories...

Happy day before Thanksgiving to everyone...my friend greets us each morning on Facebook with a wonderful positive message just like this.  Isn't that a great way to start your day?  Thanks Cindy!!!

Life is all about choices, and how we decide to accept our days.  If you are shaking your head right now thinking how I must be crazy and that your life has nothing good to celebrate, they I say you are not looking hard enough.  Appreciate the little things, cause sometimes that is all you are going to get.  For a while, anyway.  When you are grateful, it is easier to pass along the blessings to others.

The other day I was driving in Target parking lot looking for a spot by the cart coral.  That is where I park so I can find my car:)  Straight out of the doors, one spot next to the carts.   Anyway, when driving around the aisle, the first spot opened up right in front of the store.  WOW!  I thought, that is so cool, right there...in the front.  And then I smiled as I passed it for the next person to enjoy. 

I did love having the opportunity to park there but it was just as cool to pass it along...The spot did not cost me anything to give to someone else, and it might just make someone smile like I had when I noticed it.   The holidays are a super stressful time for many people.  Tight budgets, loss of family, expectations that just cannot be met.  Here is couple of my fave tips for you this season.

1.  Ask your family what is important to them for the traditions.  My gosh, I used to think that I had to do all of these things that other families did, and when I took the time to write down what my own family wanted to do, it was so much less.  They felt valued to participate, and I loved making sure their wishes came first.  As simple as watching the burning yule log on tv while wrapping presents on Christmas Eve.

2.  Delegate!  Encourage the others in your family to help with the list of things to be done...and make sure they know how much there is to do.  Show them the lists, and get them involved...even having preschoolers fold towels helps, and makes them feel involved. 

3.  Be realistic about finances.  Seriously, how important is it to get something for your hubby if your budget is tight.  Our fave tradition is to cut all of the items out of the newspaper ads that we want, and to present a big card with them pasted in.  It costs nothing, but shows that we are listening throughout the year to what they would love to have. Validation is SO important with friends and family.  Let them know they are heard.

Sharing my page print today is like looking back for me, to a fun time with girlfriends in San Antonio.  I love you guys and miss you TONS!!!



Suggestions for heartfelt gifts?  Yes, I have many...and for us it is photo gifts.  Take a look at what is on sale saving you 20% starting on Black Friday, and know that a personal gift like these is treasured for years to come...Hurry, only on sale through December 6th!

DIGITAL CENTER IDEAS

MUGS MUGS MUGS!  Business, teacher gifts, staff appreciation, kids cocoa mugs, there are tons of ideas!

PHOTO PANELS!  Celebrate special moments like weddings, and dont forget Grandma.  These can hang or stand on their own...

SBC Studio for MAC  Get it for yourself or for a gift to give. 

BE A STORY STAR!  Join now and give yourself a great gift this season...one that keeps on giving. 

Ask me about making these great gifts.  I love to help!


Todays Quote:
Not what we say about our blessings, but how we use them, is the true measure of our thanksgiving.  ~W.T. Purkiser

No comments:

Post a Comment