Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Day Forty

Forty days and forty nights with Creative Memories on the brain, and guess what?  I still feel lucky to have this job and do it my way!  I must like to be in charge, do you think?  :)

So, last night after a fabulous dinner featuring tater-tot hot dish I simply fell asleep.  The rest of the family were sorting photos which is our project right now...and there are lots of them!  After a good 12 hours asleep I got up today feeling like I was 6 hours behind instead of feeling like I had a night off.  There it was, in a nice PC stone casserole dish looking as sad as can be.  Dinner was still on the stove.  Why?  Nobody put away the leftovers last night and it makes me crazy!  Why is it that with three kids  home, nobody thought it would be a good idea to save dinner?  Ok, usually my dinners do not get the same respect as a tater tot hot dish night, but that would be understandable.   Everyone loves this dinner and the leftovers.

I am thinking about this today, knowing that it was wasted and that if I had done it myself it would be fine.  I love that we share taking care of things, like our family sorting photo project.  But how many times are things left up to me? 

This leads into my second thought of the morning.  Who is going to do the things you cant?  If there are stories to be shared, photos to be organized, and memories to be enjoyed are you going to pass this along to someone else?  A dear friend of mine told me the story of how her sister scrapbooked when dying from cancer.  She spent each day looking forward to creating just one more page...that was her legacy and she was not leaving until she could get as much done as she could.  Face it, we are not all living forever.  There are things that will be cherished long after we are gone.  When I see my kids and hubby sorting through the photos, I am so glad that I took the time to take them, and keep them all.  My family loves them, laughing and passing them around.  Its hard to do that when all of the photos are on your computer, flash drives, CD and camera cards.  Kids today are not enjoying photos in the same ways that we did.  Unless they are printed and the stories shared.

Please, leave a legacy for your family.  Share your memories, print your photos and know that you did the best that you could.  It will mean more to them than money in the bank or the title to a ten year old car.  Grab your camera today, they will thank you for it later!

Watch This Video and find out how...



Todays Quote:

"We can't all leave a prestigious background or lots of money to visit our children, but we can leave them a legacy of love."

Naomi Rhodes

No comments:

Post a Comment