Sunday, December 19, 2010

Day Eighty

Yesterday was amazing...what did I do?  I was invited by Fashion Bug to come in and bring my vendor friends.  I just love doing these events!  I made some phone calls and brought in a few of my girls to be a part of the day.  Here is the digital page from the event...we had SO much fun together!  Remember the alarms girls?  I will never forget that now that I have this page to look at.


It was a blast yesterday but it did not start out that way totally...funny thing is that when I was running busy, tryin to get it all done before taking off the thought ran through my head of " I just dont have time to brush my teeth"!  Why is this weird?  I bet for the past 44 years I have missed that less than 10 times, and never because I thought I did not have time.  I was not even stressed out yesterday, just thought I could get ahead two minutes if I skipped that.  Really???  What was running through my mind?  What could have been so important that I considered this totally unrational thought, and what can I do about avoiding thoughts like that? 

Good news...I brushed my teeth.  Flossed too!!!  Being aware of those little things that try to sneak in and mess up my day is important.  Routine is important to me and my family as well.  Seriously, if brushing my teeth was not routine, I would not have thought it was out of the ordinary to miss it. 

The day WAS busy, but I was glad to have stayed on track.  I had a blast with the vendors, Thanks Melissa for inviting us.  I had a great time when Bette popped in to say hello ( miss you) just because.  I was lucky enough to help design a photo card for a friend, which she is excited about.   I had FUN chatting for a long time with Steph and walking her through digital projects, I had a great time learning more about my college kiddo Sara ( thanks for the chat hun) and even discussing growing up with another kiddo.  I saw and appreciated the efforts by my daughter Maddie when she took it upon herself to clean up the house while all the discussions were taking place.  I loved taking the time to see Adams reaction to a video of himself ( an actor that just looks like him).  I got to have Maia and Chris in the house for the entire evening, and watch a movie with two of my daughters.  I pet the cat too... And I even got to sit down and have dinner by the fire with hubby, that was super nice.  I am blessed.

Todays Quote:
I think of life itself now as a wonderful play that I've written for myself, and so my purpose is to have the utmost fun playing my part.  ~Shirley MacLaine

No comments:

Post a Comment