Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Day SixtyThree

Imagine, waking up to the words " you're not going to like this."  Well, that is how I woke up and no, I did not like what I discovered.  Our basement was again flooded, and it seems like it happens all the time.

What was my first thought???  PHOTOS!  I brought them downstairs to clear the livingroom for Christmas decor this weekend and have not finished scanning them all.  If that was not bad enough?  I have brought home all of my parents family albums to scan this weekend.  So the distress was awful and I about lost it, until I found that they were all safe in their plastic storage boxes.

I really cannot tell you  how awful it is to lose photos.  To have them destroyed by fire, water or forgetfullness.  My computer guy tells us all how the first panic of people that lose their computers to crashes is for him to please find their photos.  People, photos are not only for storage, they are to be celebrated!  Find them, organize them, use them and share the stories!!!  And Mamas, dont let your babies grow up to be Jpegs!  Get Memory Manager and get started, so you dont have to panic in a flood.  Then USE them:)  You can do it, and I will help...

Realistically, it does not happen often but the crisis it creates in our home sure is a challenge.  Who said Aquarius's love water?  Ok, I guess I do but this is a bit silly...What can be done?  Find the good in each situation.  There is a lot of crisis throughout our days, but it is SO important to count your blessings. So I did just that and although I am exhausted from pulling back carpet, washing laundry, shopvacuming the rugs, lugging out the storage closet contents, and more...I am grateful to God for this miracle of my photos being allright. 

1.  I am capable of cleaning up the mess, and have the necessary items to do so.
2.  Nothing important was lost, no photos which is amazing!
3.  It was totally temporary, but although a pain in the neck ( or somewhere else) it will be over soon.

This week I have been working ahead  to finish some holiday gifts.  Including these mugs, I am working on few other things like photo panels, storybooks and more.  Its easy, and with our product credits from Creative Memories you can even purchase them to use later!  They make a wonderful holiday gift for those friends with Storybook Creator.    Custom gifts like this Mug are simple, and I can help you complete in time for the holidays!  This is one I created for my hubby, who loves to have coffee out on the deck in the summertime.  This is our view, which he loves!  Imagine, it is this custom template that will be wrapped around his morning coffee mug.  I can hardly wait for him to open it on Christmas morning.

Todays Quote:

Gratitude is the best attitude.  ~Author Unknown

I also wanted to share one of my fave songs with you today...its a great inspirational song and here it is  TOBY MAC GET BACK UP AGAIN

I hope it inspires you too!  Believe that you will shine again when you get knocked down:)

No comments:

Post a Comment