Sunday, December 5, 2010

Day Sixty Six

Today was a lot of fun...we got out the holiday decorations and started to put up the lights, and tree.  Oh, that Christmas Tree...I just love the idea that starting with something so simple can lead to something so beautiful.  All by adding a personal touch.  Today I set it up, and tonight the kiddies will be adding their decorations to it.  Once the tree was taken out, the cat just had to be in the middle of the action.  Purrfect decided that sitting on the boxes would be helpful.  She is such a part of the family!

Potential...that is when  you have a blank slate and decide what you can do with it.  The tree, starts out as a simple decoration and it has great potential for a finished masterpiece.  It is the same with many other things in life.  I cant wait to see how it all turns out in the end.  We will watch White Christmas while decorating and remember the traditions that we love.  Baking cookies, wrapping gifts and doing for others. 

This year I am challenging my family to see what their potential is.  Tonight I am telling them of my idea for reaching out and blessing others.  Each time they do something just because they can, they can write a little tag and put it on the tree.  No names, just the deed performed to share with others.  Adding the love of the season and putting the heart right where it belongs.  I hope this inspires you to do something, anything, just because you can!  I hope our whole tree is filled with opportunities taken to notice potential.  It might just make a difference in anothers life:) 

Todays Quote:
Hope is faith holding out its hand in the dark.  ~George Iles

No comments:

Post a Comment