Sunday, October 10, 2010

Day Ten

Clearly, when I woke up this morning at 9am it was a total shock to me...that is four hours later than most mornings and if I had not heard a slamming door I probably would have slept a little longer.  Why?  I guess I needed more sleep than I thought I did.  So comes the question, what do you need?  And are we listening to the needs we have?  Is it more family time, more flexibility in your schedule, more satisfaction of a job well done, support from friends, or creative time?  What do you need???

 As a Mom, I see it often that women are afraid to see what they need and ask for it.   What are you looking to add to your life right now?  Why not put yourself first, and ask the questions. 

Yesterday I was really blessed to be a part of Croptoberfest, a weekend long event full of scrapbooking fun.  Yes, I actually said scrapbooking...and its ok.  At the event, the participating women created 206 brand new pages packed full of memories of the people in their lives.  Two examples stick out in my mind and I would like to tell you about them.

One was a new Mom with an 18 month old baby...she came with a stack of photos and was going to work on her sons first year of life.  This Mom sat down and got to work, and last night finished an AMAZING album that her child will cherish, her husband will be proud of her for creating and her own heart bursting with accomplishment.  She did it...completed her mission and the album is just beautiful.  In under 24 actual hours she had us all clapping for her.   Tomorrow she is sending the cover off to our imprinting to customize it for her baby boy.  Just look at her beaming!
The second example that I have, I could kick myself for not getting a photo of.  A young woman the next table over brought her album over to me and asked if I would like to take a look at it.  I was really excited to do that.  She told me how her boyfriend was in the service, and that this was HIS book.  HE was doing the photos, and journaling his experiences in it.  She was really proud of him and it showed.  The first page I opened was a photo of him and his group, and a title with words below the photo.  He was standing in the middle of the photo in fatigues.  This serviceman had taken his memories and created this page digitally and I never knew it.  They had used a traditional album and inserted a digital print into it...and I was awestruck.  The idea that everyone has a story to share and that everybody, even those in the war can share those stories really hit hard and I am SO blessed to have the chance to read his story.  He is still working on it, and there are still empty pages to fill.  I hope I get to see it when they are complete.  Thankyou for sharing with me.

All I can say is WOW!  The weekend full of scrapbooking has a lot more meaning for me now.  I absolutely know 100% that this business is about people, and not sales.  I believe in the mission CM has and will look for even more opportunities to share that with others.  These two different stories from our event will be with me for a very long time.  Thank you for putting stories together to be shared, with all that care to remember.

Todays quote:

There is no delight in owning anything unshared.
-Seneca (Seneca the Elder)

No comments:

Post a Comment