Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Day Thirteen

Looking back oh, about 30 years now I remember when we got our first microwave.  I was not impressed at all.  So, as a teen I heard that we could cook faster.   Why was that impressive?  Why was my family so excited about this new $800 toy?  Yes, I said $800 and that normal for them when they came out.

Well my family was excited, and a little scared of the power of it.  In fact, although I was the youngest at about 15, my Mother wondered if she should set the childproofing on it so that nothing could accidently happen. She decided against it.  Bad idea...as my brother came home from college that week and blew the thing up by accident.  Seriously, he put his little contact lens case ( closed) into water to "sanitize" them faster than on the stove in a pan.  That was an AHA moment, when the first time it was used he shot his case through the top of the microwave.  At least that is the way I remember it...

Whats the lesson?  New technology can be scary, and expensive too.  Looking back it sure was intimidating to try using that microwave.  And now?  We could not live without it!  It is the same with the CM Storybook Creator Software.  It is such a blessing to have this available and my gosh, the memories that are being shared now just because some people are trying it.  It wont be long at all before you are looking back and saying " gosh, I love this and I am so glad I tried it."  You have the microwave for shortcuts, how about getting Storybook Creator and finding out how shortcut your scrapbooking? 



Sharing today, I wanted to show a photo I took this morning.  I was flipping through some 95 year old National Gepgraphic magazines from my grandparents and out dropped this postcard from 1919.  How cool is that?  The very idea that this memory was saved, and now shared is exactly what I am talking about!!!  A relative from 100 years ago wrote of how she had a good time at the Menominee carnival, and that a wrestler in the family won $10!  Also saw the circus at the same time...and just enjoyed her vacation.  It was very cool reading about someones memories.  Who is important enough in your life to remember?  To cherish with a scrapbook, storybook, digital page?  Maybe its time to give that WOW gift this holidays season, the gift of memories.  Maybe its time to get started helping others create books.  Is it your time?

Todays Quote:

Don't wait. The time will never be just right.

Napoleon Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment