Monday, October 25, 2010

Day Twenty Five

What does Monday mean to you?  Do you look forward to them?  Are they the worst possible day of your week?  Do you go to sleep on Sunday night dreading the alarm that will wake you at the beginning of the next day?  Monday mornings..

Most of the time I just love Mondays!  I am SO excited to start another week, and see the potential in what can be.  Four times a month I get to start all over again, with new ideas and new possibilities.  I know it might sound crazy but when I go to bed on Sundays, I tell myself that tomorrow I get to start a new week.  I think I actually sleep better knowing that I am looking forward to Mondays.

It wasnt always that way.  When life was really handing out challenges it was harder for me to see the potential.  When things got in the way of my happiness, it was difficult to smile through it all.  Mondays were like doing it all over again.  That did not sound fun, or something that I jumped up and down to do.  But at some point my attitude changed and I directed my negative thoughts to positive.  That made all of the difference for me, and my family too. 

When we are stuck in the belief that our routine is the only routine possible, we are holding ourselves back from believing in the first place!  Mondays, potential, new beginnings, new possibilities...Look for the chance to smile.  If this sounds like a bunch of hooey, thats ok.  Over time it can become contagious, sharing a smile in the mornings.  Just do it, even when you dont want to and soon it will be come a habit.  If you are stuck, find a friend that can help to put a little joy back into your life.  Heck, email me!!!  I can call you and we can smile together:)

Mondays...its your choice if you enjoy them or not.  Have a GREAT one today!

Todays quote:

Nothing is really work unless you would rather be doing something else.  ~James Matthew Barrie

No comments:

Post a Comment