Sunday, October 24, 2010

Day Twenty Four

This morning in my house, there is nothing but peace and quiet...It is so quiet that I do not know what to do with myself!  I guess its the perfect time to reflect and think about how life is taking us all down a path.  On that path you have many choices...and what you choose not only affects you, but those that are a part of your life.  Here is a little poem that we have hanging in our home for the past twenty years or so...

Chapter 1:

I walk down the street.
There is a deep hole in the sidewalk.  I fall in.
I am lost.  I am helpless.  It isn't my fault.
It takes forever to find my way out.

Chapter 2:

I walk down the same street.
There is a deep hole in the sidewalk.  I pretend I don't see it.
I fall in again.  I can't believe I'm in the same place. 
But it isn't my fault.
It still takes a long time to get out.

Chapter 3:

I walk down the same street.
There is a deep hole in the sidewalk.  I see it is there.
I fall in.  It's a habit.  But my eyes are open.
I know where I am.  It's my fault.
I get out immediately.

Chapter 4:

I walk down the same street.
There is a deep hole in the sidewalk.
I walk around it.

Chapter 5:

I walk down a different street.

What street are you walking down?  Do you see the hole yet?  Is it time for you to take another street?  Sometimes in life there are ways to take control again and just deciding to walk down another street.  This can be SO powerful, and can help to give you the confidence you need to be strong.  There might be road construction on the other street, or even hills to walk that were not on the first one.  It is worth it though...I promise you that.  What's right for you today?  Is it time to choose a different street?

Todays quote:

For every path you choose, there is another you must abandon, usually forever.
Joan D. Vinge

Thanks to my friend Lisa for sharing her puppy pics with me so I could make this page!  They are SO cute!!!
Your pets can be stars too, just send me your cute pet pics for my newest sample book.  Or,  you can get started yourself...and make fun books, pages, prints, invites, mugs and  more with the Creative Memories Storybook Creator software.  It is fun, easy and as your consultant the training is on me:) 


Email me after you have downloaded, and I will make sure that you receive the bonus content which is worth over $700!  This is not available unless you contact me.  It is my gift to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment