Sunday, October 31, 2010

Day Thirty One

There have been many times in my life that I have not felt that my voice was heard.  Times where I definitely had something to say, but my audience either did not listen or I felt that way.  Was I spending all of my efforts on the wrong audience?  Was the timing off for what I had to say?  How could I presenting myself to be heard in a different way? 

Man, its tough to put yourself out there in the first place.  I know I am not alone when it comes to being nervous in front of others.  But if that voice has to be heard, it just does.  We all have a voice, and whether or not you agree with someone it is still important to recognize and respect that person for sharing it.  Again, it could be bad timing...but what they have to say is important to them.  Has someone been trying to share with you?  Do you need someone to listen to you?  What do you need to add to your life to feel heard? 

Today, kids will be trick - or - treating all across the nation.  I am going to put out a challenge for each of us.  When kids come by  your  home, let them be heard.  Notice who they want to be today...ask them about that.  Give them a chance to share with you...and when the big teens come by for candy, give them some. What is the harm in letting teens enjoy a kindness from a neighbor?  That piece of candy might be the only nice thing that happens to them all week.  Let's all listen to the big kids too.  Everyone deserves to be heard, and validated.  It's a great day to celebrate people and what they have to say.  Hear them...

Todays quote:


Everytime you smile at someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing.  ~Mother Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment