Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Day Twelve

Dude, really???  Today the lists are long, the time is short and I am behind the eight ball already!  With enough time to do 20 things and 30 on my list?  Seriously...let the babbling begin.  Have you ever thought this way?  Is it just me with 5 kids, 5 loads of laundry, 150 miles to drive, a speech to give tonight and no ink in the printer?  I need a bigger plate, cause there is a lot on mine today.

Realistically, most of my days are packed just like this.  But I am not alone, most people have a busy life...its how we approach it that makes or breaks us when feeling overwhelmed.  What can you do when there is so much to do?  How can you smile when you want to cry? 

Its simple, keep it simple.  Start with one little thing and do it well.  Give yourself permission to finish your coffee, or pet the cat.  I am not saying relax all day and the responsibilities go away.  I am just saying you need to enjoy LIFE and live while you do it.

Sure, there is a lot to do.  Thats ok, or life would be super boring.  Just do your best, and remember to enjoy the people in your day.  You have no idea how your own attitude can change the heart of someone that is struggling.  You may BE the one struggling and someone may decide to go the extra mile and help you out.  You can choose to be the person that you want to be.  Who is that person?  Ask yourself, what do you need in your life today?  I promise, its ok to start your day with that question...and remember to live life.

Todays quote:

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.
Albert Einstein

No comments:

Post a Comment