Monday, October 11, 2010

Day Eleven

Ten days into this plan and guess what?  The plan has changed...It has changed in a BIG WAY!!  My heart is full and my mission is in place.  Of course the idea to succeed is still there, but instead of "making" it, my goal is now to share it with as many people possible.  90 Days is a start, and a good one.  There are to be many days following that bring success in so many ways. 
After Croptoberfest this weekend and the way I felt while others shared their scrapbooks with me, I did a little soul searching.  I was cleaning out some boxes full of projects I had made long ago when I came across a scrapbook of my own.  Hmmm...I did not remember making it at all.  It was of a trip to Colorado 11 years ago with the kids and hubby, and his sister who came along.  There were photos, journaling and everything.  This is a genuine scrapbook, no matter how you look at it.  Well, I sat right down there on the floor and poured over every page.  It brought me right back to that trip, the one that I had almost forgot we even took.  My daughter Maddie came down and got right into it too.  She didnt care that it was not perfect, that my handwriting was scarecly neat.  She did not notice how none of the pages matched in color, or that I cut the photos crooked...She loved it!  She brought it upstairs for all to see and shared it with them...while I sat on the floor wondering if I had made any other scrapbooks.  I remember making one for Maddies first year, but do not know where it is now.  I bet she would do about anything for me to find it.  I will look again today.
Even if we do not remember creating these books, the outcome is the same.  To look back and share the stories of our lives is a blessing to us, and those that we care about.  After I am long gone, they can still remember that trip through photos and journaling.  This photo shows you that even a simple scrapbook, one that I will not apologise for not looking "perfect", or made with any CM products can bring a story back to life. 

Just do it...get your memories ready to share and do it.  Whether on paper, digitally, it does not matter so long as you get started while you can.  I am SO glad I did.

Todays Quote:

Go for it now.  The future is promised to no one.  ~Wayne Dyer

No comments:

Post a Comment